Are you looking for a quick fix to repair your Windows device without installing a disc? On the internet, you can find a lot of methods to do it, but not all of these are as effective as they claim to be. To search for the best alternative earlier, here’s a detailed guide on how to repair a laptop without a Windows installation disc.
1. Launch Startup Repair
When your computer has issues that cause loading failure, such as a Blue Screen or a corrupted Startup Configuration Data setting, you can use the inbuilt Windows program – “Startup Repair” to resolve the issues. The steps are:
- Turn on your computer and hit the power right when the Windows logo displays on the screen.
- Continue pressing the power button to do a full shut.
- Do this at least twice.
- When the recovery box displays on your screen, hit F11 to access advanced settings.
- Select Troubleshoot, then Advanced options, and lastly, Startup Repair from the menu bar, and wait till it gets fixed!
2. Use a Bootable USB
If your computer system refuses to execute startup repair or won’t boot, a bootable USB is one alternative. To restore Windows 10 without a CD, you must first make a bootable disc and boot your pc. The steps for creating bootable media are as follows.
- First, choose a PC backup application, download it, install it, and then run it.
- Next, choose Tools, then Create Bootable Media.
- Select the bootable disc you wish to make and then click Next to proceed. We suggest using The Windows PE bootable CD for optimal performance.
- Select Create the legacy bootable disc or Create UEFI bootable disc, then click Next to proceed. (For further information on selecting boot settings at PC startup, read your motherboard user guide.)
- To start the process of creating bootable recovery media, select the USB device and then on Next.
You can retrieve the data saved on the computer after restarting Windows 10 from a USB device. However, if you discover that they are inaccessible, damaged, lost, or erased, you could use Recoverit Data Recovery to restore them. The methods are straightforward, and you can recover your lost data even if you lack data recovery skills or experience.
3. Run System Restore
Another alternative is to use System Restore. However, this approach requires that you have previously made a restore point. You should attempt alternative options if you don’t have the restore point. If you have the restore point, proceed as follows:
- Use the Windows installation DVD to start your pc.
- Then select Troubleshoot and then System Restore from the menu.
- After that, select your Microsoft account and enter your password.
- Then press Next.
- Choose one of the previous restoration points. You can choose one depending on the date and description of the creation.
- Again, press Next.
- Finally, press Finish to finish and confirm your restoration point selections.
4. Try BootRec Commands
You can select Repair MBR to repair Windows 10 without a disc if your device fails to start due to a broken MBR. Here are the steps:
- Open Command Prompt with system access.
- To open the BootRec utility, type “bootrec.exe” and click Enter.
- One after the other, type the commands below:
- Bootrec /fixmbr
- Bootrec /fixboot
- Bootrec /rebuildbcd
- After entering each command line, remember to push Enter.
5. Reset Your Computer
This approach does not require any software to resolve operating system issues. Now, here’s how to fix Windows without a disk.
- If your computer won’t load properly, you can reboot it numerous times, which will allow you to enter WinPE. You can also access WinPE using Settings if your PC can load properly.
- Then select Troubleshoot, then “Reset This PC” from the list.
- After that, you’ll get two choices. One to keep your files, the other to remove everything. The first will delete applications and settings while keeping your personal information. The latter will completely wipe your PC clean. Then you can proceed with either of them.
After that, you can reboot Windows 10 by following the on-screen tutorial. Lastly, restart your device and check whether the issues have been resolved.
6. Run System Image Recovery
A system image file functions similarly to a Windows CD. You can build an image file to discover how to fix Windows 10 without a CD. This can be carried out with the help of any reliable third-party tool.
- Start your computer with the recovery disk.
- Then select Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, and System Image Recovery from the drop-down menu.
- Pick the system image backup option.
- You don’t have to choose Format and repartition disks here.
- Then press Next and Click Finish.
- You’ll get a notification alerting you that all data on the disks to be restored will be substituted with data from the system image. To proceed, you must confirm the message by clicking “Yes”.
Moreover, you can select to designate a restore point while building a system image. To use this option, press the command Windows + Q simultaneously. You can choose a restore point from here to execute the recovery without affecting your stored settings.
You should have corrected all operating system faults when the system image recovery process is completed. To confirm, check whether your device can boot normally by rebooting it.
7. Reinstall Windows
Finally, you can decide to Reinstall Windows to fix all the system faults. This method allows you to repair Windows without a CD and restore all system errors. However, before reinstalling Windows, make a backup of your files, as this procedure would erase everything on the system hard disk.
- Use the Windows installation DVD to start the machine.
- Choose your preferred language, time zone, and keyboard input.
- Select the Install Now option.
We hope these quick and easy solutions helped you figure out your device’s issue and showed you ways to resolve those. Now that you know how to repair a laptop without a Windows installation disc get your device prepped up and have fun using it!
You can also read: How To Make Sure A Motherboard Repair Is Successful